Sky-Watcher CQ350 Pro Mount *Head Only* with Counterweights
- Massive 77-pound payload capacity supports large OTAs plus guiders, filters, cameras, and more
- Observatory class equatorial GoTo mount with built-in USB PC control
- Belt drives provide minimal backlash and significantly reduced periodic error while remaining whisper quiet
- Stepper motors have no internal gear box, further reducing backlash
- SNAP port eliminates the need for remote shutter release cable
- Autoguide port compatible with most of today’s best autoguiders
- D/V saddle plate to handle a wide variety of OTAs
- Optional illuminated polar scope
- 42,000+ object data base Heavy duty steel tripod for rock-solid performance
- DC power cord included
- Two 22-pound counterweights
- Sidereal, solar and lunar tracking modes
Sky-Watcher’s all-new CQ350 is a fully-GoTo equatorial platform entering their mount lineup right between the flagship EQ8-R Pro and EQ6-R Pro mounts (already favorites among world-class imagers and serious-minded newbies), filling the payload gap to satisfy the discerning astrophotographer’s endless pursuit of a supremely dialed-in, observatory-class setup.
Available as mount head only and mount head with tripod kit options, the CQ350 boasts a hefty 77-pound/35 kg payload capacity capable of supporting Sky-Watcher’s largest OTAs -- including the Esprit 150ED Triplet Refractor and the massive Quattro 250P Imaging Newtonian with ease, with room to spare for accessories, guidescopes, and imaging equipment.
Sky-Watcher’s CQ350 is also packed with well-positioned electrical options to manage cables, power, computer connection, imaging accessories, and more. A convenient 4x USB Out port hub sits adjacent to three 2.1mm central positive power out ports, plus three Out AUX ports, three In AUX ports, PC connect USB-to-serial port, USB Type B In port, SNAP port, one power input port, hand controller port, autoguider port, and a 12V DC power aircraft cable port for secure power connection to the mount.
Other special features of the CQ350 include a high-precision, 0.9° hybrid stepper motor, spring loaded worm gears, synchronous wheel and belt drive modes, locking RA and Dec clutches, an oversized latitude knob for use with cold weather gloves on, a D-/V-style dovetail mounting platform, and optional external polar scope. The CQ350 mount head is also compatible with the EQ8-R tripod.
One of the world’s leading consumer telescope and mount manufacturers, Sky-Watcher is continually improving on its past innovations to bring to market precision instruments that discerning astronomy enthusiasts of every skill level desire. With other features including hard stops, auto-home functionality, batch exposures function, the V5 SynScan hand controller’s 42,000+ GoTo database, 2x 22-pound counterweights and beefy counterweight bar, plus included SNAP and power cables, the CQ350 packs heavy-duty form with heavy-duty function for a heavy-duty foundation.
Designed to be a serious contender for up-and-coming imagers as well as seasoned aces looking to build atop a supremely solid performance platform, the CQ350 is an observatory-class powerhouse that is still portable enough for field use, awaiting the master craftsman to coax down the beauty of the night sky.