Staff Pick for Portable Wide Field Imaging
Incredible value for the money! Lightweight with high quality optics. The short focal length is perfect for use in combo with either the Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer, EQM-35 mount etc.
Sky-Watcher Evolux 62ED Doublet Apo Refractor
- New ED doublet apochromatic optical design
- New lightweight, compact design perfect for wide field astrophotography
- New optical design featuring our proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™)
- 62mm aperture
- 400mm focal length
- Fast f/6.45 focal ratio
- One ED element with matched optics
- Adjustable dew shield protects against stray light and condensation on the lens
- Clamshell mounting system with dual finderscope brackets
- 2.4-inch 11:1 precision dual-speed rack-and-pinion style focuser for better load capacity
- V-style dovetail fits most mounts
- Optional reducer/corrector (360mm at F/5.8)
- Hard case included for your travel or storage needs
Building on the foundation of the popular Evostar line of refractors, Sky-Watcher has developed the all new Evolux. Designed for the savvy astrophotographer looking for a lightweight scope that still packs a punch with key upgrades in the optics and the mechanics, Evolux is a perfect fit for a widefield grab and go setup.
Sky-Watcher’s Evolux apochromatic doublet refractors are the perfect blend of superior extra-low dispersion glass and affordability. The lens assembly utilizes a proprietary combination of matched lenses, delivering tack-sharp stars with charcoal-black, contrast-rich skies. All ED glass elements feature our proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™), virtually eliminating all false color while the adjustable dew shield prevents stray light and condensation from affecting your photography.
Evolux comes in a foam-lined aluminum case with a 2.4-inch dual-speed rack-and-pinion-style focuser, dual finderscope brackets, a V-style dovetail, clamshell ring, adjustable dew shield, and the optional reducer/corrector.