*Does not come with handset
Sky-Watcher EQ6-Ri Pro
- Massive 44-pound payload capacity supports OTA, guiders, cameras, filters, and more
- Complete control with the SynScan Pro app (requires smartphone or tablet, not included)
- Belt drives for accurate, whisper-quiet operation
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven for reduced backlash
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X)
- Heavy-duty latitude adjustments and sturdy carry handle
- Snap port for programmable DSLR exposures
- Autoguider port for astrophotography
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25x, 0.50x, 0.75x or 1x
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography
- Periodic Error Correction
- Retractable counterweight bar for easy stowage
- Built-in illuminated polar scope
- PC compatibility
- D/V-style saddle for extra dovetail compatibility
- Steel tripod for rock solid performance
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC and IC catalogs
- Includes two 11-pound counterweights, Wi-Fi adapter, and DC power chord
- Optional hand controller available as a mount accessory
The Industry's Most Popular Mount
With the included Wi-Fi adapter and the SynScan Pro app (available for free through the Apple and Google Play stores) even an inexperienced astronomer can master the EQ6-Ri’s variety of features in a few observing sessions.
An Astrophotography Powerhouse
The EQ6-Ri boasts a plethora of features to support astrophotographers in their craft. The built-in ST-4 autoguider port turns this mount into an astrophotography powerhouse, allowing you to use most of today’s best autoguiders. Using the supplied USB-B cable, you can control the telescope from your computer and take advantage of today’s most advanced astronomy software. With a weight capacity of 44 pounds, the EQ6-Ri can handily support an optical tube, imaging accessories, and camera.
Silent Yet Precise Slewing
The EQ6-Ri Pro uses stepper motors with a 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven. Stepper motors are quieter than servo motors, providing accuracy up to 1 arc minute without waking your neighbors to the tune of buzzing motors.
Flexible Polar Alignment
Sky-Watcher includes an illuminated polar scope to aid the polar alignment process. The polar scope features a circular grid reticle for the Northern Hemisphere, consistent with today’s popular polar alignment apps. For astronomers in the Southern Hemisphere, the constellation Octans is built into the reticle as well. Even without a clear view of Polaris, the EQ6-Ri Pro can be polar aligned using our free SynScan Pro app. Simply choose one of the visible stars listed and use the latitude adjustment screws to center it in the eyepiece.
Bundle of Accessories
As customary with all Sky-Watcher products, there are an assortment of accessories included with the EQ6-Ri Pro mount. A retractable counterweight bar is supplied, allowing for easier transportation. Also, two 11-pound counterweights are included to help balance any payload. The EQ6-Ri Pro features a saddle compatible with both D- and V-style mounting plates, giving users the flexibility to use multiple optical tubes, even if the mounting plate is different.