Celestron Advanced VX 8in EdgeHD
Celestron Advanced VX 8in EdgeHD Telescope
Compact and portable, the Celestron Advanced VX(AVX) German equatorial mounts offers the same rigidity as our larger mounts with minimal flexure. PEC, an auto-guider port, the ability to image across the meridian are features astro-photographers have come to expect on a mount capable of imaging. A dual saddle is compatible with narrow CG-5, and Vixen dovetails as well as wider CGE dovetail. The saddle is NOT compatible Losmandy D format plates, nor with dovetail bars shorter than 100mm in length.
Designed to provide superior performance for smaller telescopes while taking advantage of Celestron's most advanced technologies, features the Advanced VX mount includes : All-Star Polar Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, SkyAlign, and permanently programmable periodic error correction (PPEC).
8in EDGE HD
- EdgeHD’s aplanatic, flat field Schmidt-Cassegrain optics provide pinpoint stars from edge to edge of an image circle largest enough to illuminate large imaging sensors and the widest Apparent Field Of View(AFOV) eyepieces. Premium StarBright XLT coatings provide maximum light transmission.
Available in 8, 9.25, 11 and 14 inch apertures.
- Focal reducers specific to OTA model provide multiple focal lengths.
- Flat field Schmidt-Cassegrain optics provide pinpoint stars from edge to edge of an image circle largest enough to illuminate large imaging sensors
- Each OTA is tested for utmost performance.
- Mirror clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or on the sensor).
- Tube vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 50-mesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar versatility - EdgeHD is the most versatile imaging telescope available today. At its native f/10, you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. Add the optional reducer lens—custom-designed for your size EdgeHD tube—and you can increase your field of view without sacrificing optical performance. A Barlow gives you added power for high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging. All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging.
|Saddle:||CGE(NOT Losmandy(D) compatible), CG5(Vixen)|
|Object Catalogs:||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|HC Object Database:||40000+|
|Polar Alignment:||P Scope, HC Routine. Other|
|Star Align Methods:||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align|
|Ports:||USB(HC), 3 AUX|
|Motors:||Low cog DC servo motors with encoders on both axes|
|Tracking Modes:||EQ North & EQ South|
|Tracking Rates:||SID, SOL, LUN|
|Built In Guider:||N|
|Max Slew Speed:||4Deg/s|
|Slew Speeds:||9 slew speeds - max speed 4deg/second|
|Latitude Range(EQ, ALTAZ):||7-77, NA|
8in EDGE HD Specs
|OpticalDesign:||Edge Schmidt -Cassegrain(Edge SCT)|
|Glass Elements:||Aplanatic Flat Field SCT|
|Focuser:||Internal single speed focuser|
|Finderscope:||9X50 Straight Inverted Image|
|Magnification w/Popular Focal Length Eyepieces||Exit Pupli(mm)/Magnification(x)|
|40mm Focal Length:||4mm, 50x|
|32mm Focal Length:||3.2mm, 60x|
|25mm Focal Length:||2.5mm, 80x|
|18mm Focal Length:||1.8mm, 110x|
|13mm Focal Length:||1.3mm, 160x|
|10mm Focal Length:||1mm, 200x|
|8mm Focal Length:||0.8mm, 250x|
|5mm Focal Length:||0.5mm, 410x|